Saturday, July 11, 2009

Fermyn Diaries - Day 1


On Sunday 5 July I joined Matthew at Fermyn, where he was filming another 'Emperor's Breakfast' piece with Mike Dilger and his production team - a thoroughly nice bunch of chaps. I also met some very nice folk who were participants in a party which was madder than the Mad Hatter's Tea Party. It was a great pleasure to help some of them see the Emperor for the first time. We also met Guardian journalist Patrick Barkham, who is collecting material for a book as he tours all of our resident species.

The butterflies performed better in the afternoon and I managed a few nice shots of Emperors on the ground (just click on these images to enlarge them). As is traditional now, I had them landing on various articles of my clothing, including my boots. By performing a contortion that Nadia Comaneci would have been proud of, I managed to get a shot of one sitting on my own size 10.

No comments: