The People of Purple Persuasion have launched their manifesto for the General Erection on June 8th.
Some of it's key points are:-
* All low grade agricultural land to be rewilded (Agricultural land is graded 1-5: Grades1 and 2 are good food production land, 3 is dodgy, 4 and 5 shouldn't be farmed at all - but are, ruthlessly).
* Sallow thickets to be established throughout lowland Britain, in town and country.
* Flail cutters abolished.
* Purple Emperor populations to be established in every English county by 2020 (this is a key part of our 2020 Vision).
* CRoW Act to be revised to include access to all woods and forests.
* Forestry Commission to be replaced by Sallow & Wood Fuel UK.
* Removal of all non-native conifers from the UK by 2020 (c/f our 2020 Vision).
* White Stork nests on every chimney.
* Month long national holiday during the Purple Emperor season (which this year may well kick off on June 8th).
* Four day working week for all. Middle day of the three day weekend to be quiet - no noisy machines, and blue light traffic only.
* Abolition of all forms of corporate bollocks.
* Chelsea & Arsenal abolished.
* Education: academic year to be reset, to begin in January with exams in November - this frees up the summer term. Resetting is to be achieved by a one-off sabbatical term for all, during which people can read Heslop.
Feel free to add more...