Friday, October 23, 2020

Gradual Northern Movement

 Since moving to Sheffield from Buckinghamshire, I have become increasingly interested in the appearance of HIM in all areas to the north of Rockingham Forest [Fermyn Woods]. I am grateful to my new friends from the East Midlands branch who have generously supplied me with data, in particular, Richard Jeffery, Ken Orpe, Suzanne Halfacre, and Jane Broomhead. Ken Orpe kindly generated this distribution map. 

Leicestershire has been particularly fruitful; in particular, the National Forest region has been very good for recorders with several new habitats having been registered. Nottinghamshire less so, but it is particularly exciting to announce  sightings, one adult and four larvae [two close together on one bush Matthew!], in Sherwood Forest. Matthew notes in his book that it was last recorded there in 1939.  Congratulations to Samantha and Nicholas Brownley, who made these observations, with supporting photos. With Chambers Farm Wood in Lincs, this is the most northerly known habitat. Of course, we cannot rule out releases being responsible for these sightings. 

Nothing in Derbyshire yet, but they are getting ever closer to the border. Ken Orpe will open a bottle of champagne when it happens!

I have not included Lincolnshire. HIM is well established in several woods south of Grantham, and in Chambers farm wood in the north of the county.





1 comment:

Ric Clayton said...

I really want to thank Dr Emu for saving my marriage. My wife really treated me badly and left home for almost 3 month this got me sick and confused. Then I told my friend about how my wife has changed towards me. Then she told me to contact Dr Emu that he will help me bring back my wife and change her back to a good woman. I never believed in all this but I gave it a try. Dr Emu casted a spell of return of love on her, and my wife came back home for forgiveness and today we are happy again. If you are going through any relationship stress or you want back your Ex or Divorce husband you can contact his whatsapp +2347012841542 or email emutemple@gmail.com website: Https://emutemple.wordpress.com/