Sunday, June 17, 2018

Knepp - First Violence

Today (17 June) I saw my first Purple Emperor of the season, in the oaks at the northern end of Green Lane (Knepp Southern Block). A male was observed flying rapidly around the canopy in unsuitably strong wind at 12.15 pm. A second male flew over my shoulder from the sallow scrub behind at 12.25 pm and climbed up to join the first. By 12.35 pm they were dogfighting at breakneck speed; this was silly, someone could have been hurt. Earlier in the morning I'd seen 8 Black Hairstreak (the flight is now declining rapidly) at Ditchling Common. I never thought I'd record pruni and iris on the same day in Sussex!

1 comment:

eddyshaw9272711 said...

It’s laborious to seek out knowledgeable individuals on this matter, but you sound like you recognize what you’re talking about! Thanks slots for real money