Friday, June 29, 2018

Straits Inclosure and Abbots Wood

I did not visit Straits Inclosure, Hampshire, last year, so I thought I would remedy that today. Arriving  around 9.30 I had only walked a short distance through the gate when I put up himself. I hardly had time to get my camera out, but he did settle again on the track. On two occasions he flew up and into the wood a short way, landing low down on an oak. He rested, and made his way back to the track, then did the same thing again, going into the wood and resting in almost the same place.
Eventually he settled back on the track for 20 minutes, allowing 2 other observers to see him imbibing. Altogether he stayed in the area for over 30minutes. I saw 6 in Straits (2 down). Moving on to Abbots Wood I soon saw 2 males, a female sailing around the top of a sallow and a male down on the track. He was down when I arrived and also when I was making my way back, just before 13.00. Talking to other observers it appears that around 8 had been seen at each location recently over the last couple of days. Abbots Wood is still a lovely location, but as His Imperial Majesty's fanbase is growing it is getting more difficult to park compared to a few years ago. The price of fame!



The benefits of having a personal audience with His Imperial Majesty.

No comments: