Sunday, June 29, 2014

Just Starting in Savernake

Savernake Forest, near Marlborough, is a 'late' site, regularly clocking the country's last male of the year.  Several people failed to see any there today, including me - until the last minute of my allotted time (well, 90+5 mins actually) when a male on his maiden flight was seen.  My conclusion is that iris is only just starting there.  As already stated, I'm not expecting a sizeable emergence there this year due to excessively high levels of predation during the winter (and spring), though much depends on flight season weather. 

Apparently it hasn't got going in Bentley Wood yet either. 

Tomorrow, Neil and I are off to Fermyn Woods, Northamptonshire, for a couple of days.  And we want this -


And this -


In which case it will be Trousers On The Head...

No comments: