Sunday, June 22, 2014

Oates Fails...

I must confess that I failed to see iris in Alice Holt Forest today, despite three afternoon visits to the favoured territories at Goose Green Old Car Park, two visits to the site where Ashley Whitlock watched battling males yesterday, and vigils in two other good territories.  Then I learnt that Mark Tutton saw two males at Goose Green some 20 mins after I had left...

I think the Emperor is cross with me for awarding my 2013 Butterfly of the Year Award to the Long-tailed Blue after he had put on a definitive performance (and it was definitive.  Boeticus only won by half a point).  Also, it is obviously very early days in the Alice Holt season: Silver-washed Fritillary hasn't got going there yet, though White Admiral males are nicely out.

No comments: