Wednesday, July 14, 2021

Fun at Fermyn with a tinge of sadness





Up to 40 Emperors seen on a good day at Fermyn today. Despite the morning cloud, the sun finally broke through, if a little breezy, making HIM somewhat flighty at times. However, the Emperor was largely good humoured and allowed plenty of opportunities for lighthearted banter and encounters. 

A moment of melancholy though, when a pristine male unexpectedly landed on one of the Cypress Tree stumps in Souther Wood ride (these trees were recently felled by Forestry England). The Purple faithful will remember, they were formerly the epicentre of the Purple Empire at Fermyn and where I photographed my first Emperor aberration (ab.afflicta). I think the photo of this male resting on one of the stumps is a fitting epitaph to those wonderful trees. RIP 🌲πŸͺ΅πŸ¦‹πŸ˜ͺ 

3 comments:

andy porter said...

excellent John u really are the purple emperorking they absolutley love you for some reason i have no idea why they are attracted to u must smell of dog poo everyday u go there
have to say the amount of time & dedication you put into these butterfles but not only that you are helping so many people to find & see these butterflies for the first time
i have to say thank you for the days i have been lucky enough to spend with u this year @ fermyn & a few other places
selfless attitude & help u give people you are the true emperor king
great work has been a fantastic year for purple emperors this year has to be ONE of the Best if not the BEST place in the country to see them in all there glory flying up your head & around you i must of seen 20 to 30 all grounded this year easily all putting on fantastic displays worth all the 30 plus miles walking i have done
john has probably walked 50 plus miles lol
thanks John hope u & Toby find an ab or female today
good luck & thanks on behalf of all the people u have HELPED

John Wiltshire said...

Thanks Andrew. Good to be out there with you. Emperoring King? I think others might challenge that accolade πŸ˜„. So glad you got your grounded 'double purple' if only to stop you bending my ear about it. Toby and I saw 37 yesterday including 3 females, but few are grounding now. The dynamic has changed. You had the best of it. By the way I don't smell of dog poo. Belachan maybe πŸ˜„

Ric Clayton said...

I really want to thank Dr Emu for saving my marriage. My wife really treated me badly and left home for almost 3 month this got me sick and confused. Then I told my friend about how my wife has changed towards me. Then she told me to contact Dr Emu that he will help me bring back my wife and change her back to a good woman. I never believed in all this but I gave it a try. Dr Emu casted a spell of return of love on her, and my wife came back home for forgiveness and today we are happy again. If you are going through any relationship stress or you want back your Ex or Divorce husband you can contact his whatsapp +2347012841542 or email emutemple@gmail.com website: Https://emutemple.wordpress.com/