Thursday, July 7, 2016

Alice Holt

Had a fine day at Alice today with four groundings including two at once and a thorough trousering - your washing instruction worked a treat Neil thanks.
In all I saw fourteen males most Oak edging with not much Sallow activity but they were quartering the rides and frequently stopping to test the surfaces and very confiding once they found what they were looking for. At one point I had two males and a red Admiral interloper within six feet of one another - and one male decided that my hound would may a good perch and landed on her head much to her bemusement.
All were in pristine condition and my guess would be that they had emerged within the last couple of days.
Considering the less than sympathetic habitat management in recent times this was my best day in this forest for four years.
Kind Regards
Mark


ark 

No comments: